- Digital, single-lens reflex, AF/AE camera with built-in flash
- Recording Media
- SD/SDHC/SDXC card, via external media (USB v.2.0 hard drive, or via Wireless LAN (Eye-Fi card*))
- Image Format
- 0.88 x 0.59 in. / 22.3 x 14.9mm (APS-C size)
- Compatible Lenses
- Canon EF lenses (including EF-S lenses)
- Lens Mount
- Canon EF mount
- Image Capture Device
- High-sensitivity, high-resolution, large single-plate CMOS sensor
- Effective: Approx. 18.0 Megapixels: 5200 (H) x 3462 (V) pixels
Total: Approx. 19.0 Megapixels: 5432 (H) x 3492 (V) pixels
- Aspect Ratio
- 3:2 (Horizontal: Vertical)
- Simultaneous Recording
- RAW + JPEG
sRAW+JPEG also possible
- Eye-level pentaprism
- Points: 9 (Cross-type, Center AF point with dual cross sensor for f/2.8)
Working Range: EV 0-20 (at 73°F/23°C with EF 50mm f/1.4 USM lens, ISO 100)
Modes: Autofocus, One-Shot AF, Predictive AI Servo AF, AI Focus AF, Manual focusing (MF)
- Metering Modes
- Max. aperture TTL metering with 63-zone SPC with the following selectable modes:
• Evaluative metering (linkable to all AF points)
• Partial metering (approx. 6.5% of viewfinder at center)
• Spot metering (approx. 2.8% of viewfinder at center)
• Center-Weighted average metering
- Exposure Control Systems
- Program AE (Shiftable), Shutter-priority AE (Safety shift possible), Aperture-priority AE (Safety shift possible), Manual exposure, Bulb, Full Auto, Flash Off, Creative Auto, Programmed Image Control modes (Portrait, Landscape, Close-up, Sports, Night Portrait), E-TTL II Autoflash Program AE (Evaluative metering, Averaged metering)
- ISO Speed Range
- ISO 100 - 6400 (in 1/3-stop or whole-stop increments)
• ISO 12800 can be enabled with a Custom Function.
• With [Highlight tone priority], the ISO speed range will be automatically set within 200-6400.
- Vertical-travel, mechanical, focal-plane shutter with all speeds electronically-controlled 1/8000 to 1/60 sec., X-sync at 1/250 sec.
1/8000 to 30 sec., bulb (Total shutter speed range. Available range varies by shooting mode) Soft-touch electromagnetic release 10-sec. or 2-sec. delay (self-timer/remote control) For Remote Switch RS-60E3
- Shutter Speeds
- 1/8000 to 1/60 sec., X-sync at 1/250 sec.
1/8000 to 30 sec., bulb (Total shutter speed range. Available range varies by shooting mode)
- Self Timer
- 10-sec. or 2-sec. delay (self-timer/remote control)
- Remote Control
- For Remote Switch RS-60E3
- Auto pop-up, retractable, built-in flash in the pentaprism
- Drive Modes
- Single, high-speed continuous, low-speed continuous, 10-sec. self-timer/ remote control, or 2-sec. self-timer/remote control
- Continuous Shooting Speed
- High-speed: Max. 5.3 shots/sec. (approx.)
Low-speed: Max. 3.0 shots/sec. (approx.)
- Maximum Burst
- JPEG (Large/Fine): approx. 58
RAW: approx. 16
RAW+JPEG (Large/Fine): approx. 7
- Shooting Modes
- 1. Live View shooting
2. Remote Live View shooting (with a personal computer installed with EOS Utility)
- Autofocus (One-Shot AF)
1. Live mode - One-point, contrast AF. Switching to another AF point possible.
2. Face Detection Live mode - Face Detection, Contrast AF. Face selectable.
3. Quick mode - Nine-point, phase-difference AF, same as normal shooting.
Manual focus - Magnify the image by 5x or 10x and focus manually.
- Type: TFT color, liquid-crystal monitor
Size: Wide 3.0-inch (Screen aspect ratio of 3:2)
Coverage: Approx. 100%
Viewing angle: Approx. 160°
Brightness Control: 7 levels provided
- Interface Languages
- 25 (English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, Ukraine, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Korean, Japanese)
- Power Supply
- 1. One Battery Pack LP-E6
2. AC power can be supplied via AC Adapter Kit ACK-E6
3. With Battery Grip BG-E9 attached, two battery packs (LP-E6) can be used. Six AA-size batteries can be used.
- Focal Length & Maximum Aperture
- 18-135mm 1:3.5-5.6
- Lens Construction
- 16 elements in 12 groups
- Diagonal Angle of View
- 74° 20' - 11° 30'
- Focus Adjustment
- Inner Focusing System
- Closest Focusing Distance
- Filter Size
- Dimensions (W × H × D)
Camera Body Approx.
5.69 x 4.17 x 3.09 in./144.5 x 105.8 x 78.6mm
Lens Approx. 3.0 x
4.0 in./75.4 x 101mm
- Camera Body
Approx. 755g / 26.6 oz (CIPA)
Lens Approx. 16.0